The date for SUMMER camp 2018 is August 19 to 23.
Camper application due: May 31, 2018.
Merry Heart Children's Camp is for children with heart conditions who would benefit from connecting with other young individuals who share similar health, emotional and social concerns.
Any camper, 9 to 14 years of age (prior to August 20, 2018), with heart conditions can attend our five-day, four-nigh camp upon the recommendation from their pediatric cardiologist and approved by Merry Heart Children's Camp Medical Committee. The executive / camp director and your child's pediatric cardiologist can help you assess if your child should apply to attend camp.
Camper online registration is available the first of February and needs to be completed by May 31st of each year. Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis and we are limited to 48 campers; 24 boys and 24 girls. If registration goes over the 48 campers, the camper will be place on a waiting list. We will let you and your camper know by July 1st of each year whether the camper has been accepted. After your camper's registration is complete, you will receive additional information.
Camper Acceptance Guidelines
Merry Heart Children Camp is a place specifically for children with heart conditions. We do not accept or decline any campers over the phone or via e-mail. These guidelines are intended to help you as a parent/guardian determine if you should submit an online application. Please contact us if you have questions prior to submitting an application.
In order to have an application reviewed by our medical committee, the child must meet the following criteria:
- Heart conditions must be the primary health concern of the child.
- The child has a basic knowledge of their heart condition.
- Be able to walk without any physical limitations.
- The child must independently manage their daily routine.
- Be self-reliant in caring for hygiene, toileting and eating needs.
- A pediatric cardiologist on a regular basis must see your child.
- Your child needs to have been seen by their pediatric cardiologist within twelve (12) months prior to the start of camp but not later than May 31.
- If your child is not seen on an annual base, than your primary care physician will need to see your child within twelve (12) months prior to the start of camp but not later than May 31.
- The child has the ability to participate and engage in team-based activities.
- The child demonstrates nonviolent behavior, follow the rules, i.e. staying with buddy/group leaders at all times.
- Be able to stay overnight for four nights.
If the child has any other illnesses, disabilities (physical or developmental), or other health problems, Merry Heart Children's Camp will review those files on an individual basis and determine if the child will be accepted to camp. If you have any questions, please contact us.
The cost for camp is $550.00, but the only charge to the camper is a nonrefundable registration fee of $50.00.
We would like to encourage any family who are in the position to pay the full camper fee or in between the $50.00 nonrefundable registration fee to the full amount, please do so. Every dollar donated will help. Your support/donation will help Merry Heart Children's Camp and the campers who may not be able to pay more attend camp. Thank you.